- Beta Reading (for limited genres) I will read your manuscript from a reader mindset and prepare a 2-3 page report for you on story, character, dialogue, readability, and reader satisfaction.
- Manuscript Evaluation I will read your entire manuscript from an editing mindset and prepare a 2-3 page report for you on plot, structure, conflict, pacing, dialogue, character development, and genre requirements.
- Developmental Editing I will work with you to develop your story and/or create a sellable synopsis, at any stage of the writing process.
- Heavy Copy Editing (Also: Line or Content Editing) I will edit your manuscript for spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation, AND I will work with you to improve your manuscript, making and/or suggesting changes such as rewriting for clarity or flow and/or reorganizing the text, without changing the meaning of your writing or your writing voice.
- Light Copy Editing I will edit your manuscript for spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation.
- Proofreading I will review the final, copyedited version of your manuscript for any errors.
Ferndean Press Editor Rebecca Barray is a current member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) and the Ohio Chapter of EFA. Her college degrees are in Biology, but she’s taken courses in grammar, developmental editing, and copy editing. She is also a constant reader, occasional writer, energetic photographer, experimental crocheter, and perpetual student.
*Rates listed are for average projects. Your price may vary depending on the complexity of your project. Detailed estimates are provided and must be agreed upon before work begins. Individualized packages and/or services available upon request. Payment plans available. Paypal and credit cards accepted.